The most reflective of Saturn’s 83 moons may support life. NASA wants to send a huge serpentine robot to Enceladus to search its frozen ground and possibly its hidden ocean. NASA engineers are nearly finished with their Exobiology Extant Life Surveyor (EELS) prototype, which is a 16-foot-long, 200-pound snakelike bot that can travel on land and in water. EELS’ “head” has 3D mapping and real-time video capture and transmission to document its extraplanetary voyage. EELS’ 12-year voyage to Enceladus would require patience, however the robotic prototype could be useful exploring ice sheet crevasses on Earth and the polar caps of Mars. NASA isn’t the only company developing robots, several others are already being deployed across the world to make human life safer and easier. For instance, Knightscope (NASDAQ:KSCP) has developed and deployed Autonomous Security Robots (ASRs) around the US to protect people at airports, public utilities, hospitals, parking lots, neighborhoods, and other public places. Meanwhile, Leidos Holdings (NYSE:LDOS), Lockheed Martin Corp. (NYSE:LMT), L3Harris Technologies (NYSE:LHX), and KratosDefense and Security Solutions Inc. (NASDAQ:KTOS) are working on robotic solutions to improve defense in the US and beyond.
Knightscope (NASDAQ:KSCP), a leading provider of ASRs and blue light emergency communication systems, has continued to implement cutting-edge security equipment in healthcare facilities, educational institutions, commercial buildings, municipal governments, and corporate campuses around the country.
Since the beginning of the year, Knightscope has completed around 40 new sales and renewed seven ASR subscription contracts. The company has also received several new buy orders from its resellers.
On May 15, Knightscope announced that it has secured a $1.25 million contract with Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey for 145 devices in total. Rutgers is one of America’s highest-ranked, most diverse public research universities and is the largest, oldest, and top-ranked public university in the New York/New Jersey area.
Rutgers, which has been using Knightscope’s emergency communication devices since 2022, has been expanding its footprint of blue light towers throughout the year. This latest purchase of 138 Towers and 7 E-Phones will cover four campuses with reliable emergency communications for students, faculty and visitors.
Knightscope has also been working through its $5 million backlog of new orders, which had been reduced by more than 12% as of April 12. In the last 30 days, several ASRs have been transported to California, Florida, New York, Washington, and Washington DC, totaling around $258,000 in annualized income. Shipments of blue light emergency communication systems, which generated around $417,000 in sales, also helped to reduce the backlog.
The New York Police Department (NYPD) will also be utilizing K5 robots to patrol a Manhattan subway station as a test project this summer.
Other police departments have had success with Knightscope‘s technologies in the past, with one Los Angeles County, California, agency complimenting the business for assisting in the reduction of crime in a huge public park. Knightscope is an excellent tool for public safety personnel to use to supplement their agencies, which are often overworked owing to substantial recruiting issues. The robots are a great choice for assisting law police around the country since they are humorous, captivating, photogenic, and respectful of everyone’s privacy.
Jena Choctaw Pines Casino hosted the Robot Roadshow on May 9-11. Choctaw Pines is the 80th landing and 25th state for the Robot Roadshow.
The Robot Roadshow is a captivating interactive event that engages new clients and sparks talks about these exciting technologies. Knightscope experts demonstrate in a climate-controlled, space-age “pod” the technologies that are making sites safer from Hawaii to Texas to Pennsylvania. Visitors can engage with Autonomous Security Robots, try a blue light emergency phone, and witness the Knightscope Security Operations Center (KSOC) user interface.
Defense Companies’ Recent Projects
Recently, a new primary contract was awarded to Leidos Holdings (NYSE:LDOS) to develop an unmanned aircraft system (UAS) that can resupply ground forces that are deployed forward on its own. The Marine Corps’ firm-fixed-price, multiple-award contract has an 18-month performance timeframe to develop a single prototype. Under the parameters of the agreement, Leidos will construct, provide, and demonstrate a medium unmanned logistics system for the air (MULS-A) prototype. The prototype will then be put into action to perform a logistical distribution mission at the tactical edge of the conflict. The project’s purpose is to show a prototype UAS capable of transporting a logistics payload weighing between 300 and 600 pounds to a combat area with a radius of 25 to 100 nautical miles. The work will be done in Colorado, Ohio, Oregon, California, Nevada, and Arizona.
Lockheed Martin Corp. (NYSE:LMT), the lead contractor for the Missile Defense Agency’s (MDA) Command and Control, Battle Management, and Communications (C2BMC), is working on next-generation technology to improve the system. Through the combination of hypersonic defense, ballistic missile defense, and cruise missile indication and warning, Lockheed Martin intends to improve C2BMC networking, data processing, and recommended actions. C2BMC, which is operating in 17 time zones and 33 locations, has over 48,000 miles of communication lines that connect all sensors and threat data into a seamless missile defense architecture. By integrating or improving global capabilities, Lockheed Martin is influencing the future of homeland defense.
The US Air Force has given L3Harris Technologies (NYSE:LHX) a task order under the Data Link Enterprise indefinite-delivery, indefinite-quantity (IDIQ) contract for the creation of a Common Tactical Edge Network (CTEN), which will provide an aerial military Internet of Things to support the Advanced Battle Management System and Joint All-Domain Command and Control initiatives. The system will feature a network of defense and commercial resources that will improve aerial interoperability for US and ally forces by incorporating commercial-like, high-speed data processing and sharing at the tactical edge. CTEN will initially connect Air Force aerial platforms that use incompatible network architectures, with the goal of improving connection across the entire combined force. The decision-making cycle will be greatly shortened because of CTEN’s data fusion, which will enable warfighters in charge of various systems to think and act as one.
KratosDefense and Security Solutions Inc. (NASDAQ:KTOS) currently has many self-driving trucks on the road around the United States, supporting new deployment use cases and areas. Kratos deploys self-driving trucks to address real-world labor and safety challenges plaguing essential Transportation and Supply Chain operations today. Kratos has steadily expanded its driverless solutions and applications to the wider driverless trucking industry since initially adapting its US Department of Defense (DOD) driverless technologies to commercial markets in 2014.
On May 15, Knightscope will hold its First Quarter Town Hall Update to discuss 2023 financial highlights and current events following its 10-Q filing with the SEC.
Featured Image @ Freepik
1) The author of the Article, or members of the author’s immediate household or family, do not own any securities of the companies set forth in this Article. The author determined which companies would be included in this article based on research and understanding of the sector.
2) The Article was issued on behalf of and sponsored by, Knightscope, Inc. Market Jar Media Inc. has or expects to receive from Knightscope, Inc.’s Digital Marketing Agency of Record (Native Ads Inc.) three hundred and four thousand USD for 90 days (63 business days).
3) Statements and opinions expressed are the opinions of the author and not Market Jar Media Inc., its directors or officers. The author is wholly responsible for the validity of the statements. The author was not paid by Market Jar Media Inc. for this Article. Market Jar Media Inc. was not paid by the author to publish or syndicate this Article. Market Jar has not independently verified or otherwise investigated all such information. None of Market Jar or any of their respective affiliates, guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any such information. The information provided above is for informational purposes only and is not a recommendation to buy or sell any security. Market Jar Media Inc. requires contributing authors to disclose any shareholdings in, or economic relationships with, companies that they write about. Market Jar Media Inc. relies upon the authors to accurately provide this information and Market Jar Media Inc. has no means of verifying its accuracy.
5) Market Jar Media Inc. and its respective directors, officers and employees hold no shares for any company mentioned in the Article.
6) This document contains forward-looking information and forward-looking statements, within the meaning of applicable Canadian securities legislation, (collectively, “forward-looking statements”), which reflect management’s expectations regarding Knightscope, Inc.’s future growth, future business plans and opportunities, expected activities, and other statements about future events, results or performance. Wherever possible, words such as “predicts”, “projects”, “targets”, “plans”, “expects”, “does not expect”, “budget”, “scheduled”, “estimates”, “forecasts”, “anticipate” or “does not anticipate”, “believe”, “intend” and similar expressions or statements that certain actions, events or results “may”, “could”, “would”, “might” or “will” be taken, occur or be achieved, or the negative or grammatical variation thereof or other variations thereof, or comparable terminology have been used to identify forward-looking statements. These forward-looking statements include, among other things, statements relating to: (a) revenue generating potential with respect to Knightscope, Inc.’s industry; (b) market opportunity; (c) Knightscope, Inc.’s business plans and strategies; (d) services that Knightscope, Inc. intends to offer; (e) Knightscope, Inc.’s milestone projections and targets; (f) Knightscope, Inc.’s expectations regarding receipt of approval for regulatory applications; (g) Knightscope, Inc.’s intentions to expand into other jurisdictions including the timeline expectations relating to those expansion plans; and (h) Knightscope, Inc.’s expectations with regarding its ability to deliver shareholder value. Forward-looking statements are not a guarantee of future performance and are based upon a number of estimates and assumptions of management in light of management’s experience and perception of trends, current conditions and expected developments, as well as other factors that management believes to be relevant and reasonable in the circumstances, as of the date of this document including, without limitation, assumptions about: (a) the ability to raise any necessary additional capital on reasonable terms to execute Knightscope, Inc.’s business plan; (b) that general business and economic conditions will not change in a material adverse manner; (c) Knightscope, Inc.’s ability to procure equipment and operating supplies in sufficient quantities and on a timely basis; (d) Knightscope, Inc.’s ability to enter into contractual arrangements with additional Pharmacies; (e) the accuracy of budgeted costs and expenditures; (f) Knightscope, Inc.’s ability to attract and retain skilled personnel; (g) political and regulatory stability; (h) the receipt of governmental, regulatory and third-party approvals, licenses and permits on favorable terms; (i) changes in applicable legislation; (j) stability in financial and capital markets; and (k) expectations regarding the level of disruption to as a result of CV-19. Such forward-looking information involves a variety of known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors which may cause the actual plans, intentions, activities, results, performance or achievements of Knightscope, Inc. to be materially different from any future plans, intentions, activities, results, performance or achievements expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements. Such risks include, without limitation: (a) Knightscope, Inc.’s operations could be adversely affected by possible future government legislation, policies and controls or by changes in applicable laws and regulations; (b) public health crises such as CV-19 may adversely impact Knightscope, Inc.’s business; (c) the volatility of global capital markets; (d) political instability and changes to the regulations governing Knightscope, Inc.’s business operations (e) Knightscope, Inc. may be unable to implement its growth strategy; and (f) increased competition.
Except as required by law, Knightscope, Inc. undertakes no obligation to update or revise any forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future event or otherwise, after the date on which the statements are made or to reflect the occurrence of unanticipated events. Neither does Knightscope, Inc. nor any of its representatives make any representation or warranty, express or implied, as to the accuracy, sufficiency or completeness of the information in this document. Neither Knightscope, Inc. nor any of its representatives shall have any liability whatsoever, under contract, tort, trust or otherwise, to you or any person resulting from the use of the information in this document by you or any of your representatives or for omissions from the information in this document.
7) Any graphs, tables or other information demonstrating the historical performance or current or historical attributes of Knightscope, Inc. or any other entity contained in this document are intended only to illustrate historical performance or current or historical attributes of Knightscope, Inc. or such entities and are not necessarily indicative of future performance of Knightscope, Inc. or such entities.Read more investing news on PressReach.com.Subscribe to the PressReach RSS feeds:
- Featured News RSS feed
- Investing News RSS feed
- Daily Press Releases RSS feed
- Trading Tips RSS feed
- Investing Videos RSS feed