– Aura’s elevated approach to premium services comes to life with the grand opening of Agave Club at Frost Bank Center in San Antonio –
Aramark Sports + Entertainment (Aramark, NYSE: ARMK), the award-winning food and beverage partner at premier stadiums, arenas, convention centers, cultural attractions, and unique entertainment destinations across North America, today announced the launch of Aura, an elevated approach to premium service that will deliver an unmatched hospitality experience paired with exceptional culinary talent.
“Aura is a first-of-its-kind approach to premium hospitality programming that addresses every aspect of the guest experience, from exquisite culinary offerings to extraordinary service,” said Alison Birdwell, President and CEO of Aramark Sports + Entertainment. “An ‘aura’ can be defined as a distinctive atmosphere, and this is precisely what we have set out to achieve with this approach to premium hospitality.”
The Aura experience is made up of four pillars, all of which work together to create a memorable hospitality experience. These integral elements include:
- The Food: Food has the power to create memorable moments and evoke emotions, and Aura’s menu programming is designed to transport guests to a world where flavors, textures, and aromas combine to leave a lasting impression. Aura leverages Aramark's strategic partner Stephen Starr, a James Beard Award-winning visionary, and the creative force behind STARR Restaurants, one of the largest multi-concept and independent restaurant groups in the United States, to inform menu development and service standards. Aramark and Starr will meet quarterly to collaborate on new menu and concept development, evolving service standards, and market trends to ensure an innovative approach to Aura’s programming. Additionally, Aura chefs will participate in trend research and culinary immersions to ensure menus are always evolving and adapting to every desired experience.
- The Beverage: The beverage program integrates the council of industry experts including Aramark’s in-house beverage director, mixology partners, and sommelier collaborators to advise on brand partnerships and menu offerings, ensuring programs align with trends and preferences. Menus will feature a rotating and seasonal selection of specialty cocktails, robust beer and wine lists, and zero-proof beverage and coffee options.
- The Service: Exceptional technique is at the heart of Aura’s philosophy, and investing in talent is crucial to maintaining the highest standards. As part of a longstanding collaboration with The Culinary Institute of America (CIA), the world’s premier culinary college, Aramark has designed a bespoke training program that all Aura front-of-house staff must partake in to ensure they are abreast of the latest techniques and food and beverage trends. This program goes beyond basic service training and aims to empower staff to deliver exceptional guest experiences in high-end settings and cultivate a culture of hospitality. All Aura culinarians must also receive CIA ProChef® certification, which provides hands-on skill validation and measures a chef’s core culinary, managerial, and financial acumen.
- The Design: Every element in a space curated by Aura, from the layout to the food and beverage areas to the finishes, is meticulously crafted to evoke a sense of sophistication and exclusivity. The guest journey is of the utmost importance when designing a space. We are not delivering a transaction; we are delivering a memorable experience.
To allow for customization and flexibility, Aura offers a robust hierarchy of premium experiences from approachable to top-tier luxury. Whether a partner is looking for an upscale, social environment for the younger generation or an intimate, opulent atmosphere for corporate clientele, Aura can deliver.
LAUNCH OF THE AGAVE CLUB AT FROST BANK CENTER
As the first curated space in the Aura portfolio, Aramark and its partners at Frost Bank Center, home of the San Antonio Spurs, are celebrating the grand opening of the Agave Club presented by SWBC. The recently transformed premium club incorporates all four pillars of Aura to provide an elevated food and beverage experience for guests.
Managed in collaboration with culinary and hospitality experts from Aura, the Agave Club features a captivating atmosphere with an ever-changing array of culinary options. The club can seat up to 310 patrons and features upper- and lower-ledge seating, bar-style seating, dining tables, a private lounge area, multiple chef action stations, grazing and specialty item counters, and an outdoor patio.
To create an elevated and modern aesthetic, a range of materials and design features were used. Sleek yet comfortable furniture was thoughtfully chosen to invite guests to relax and socialize in the captivating entertainment space. Hexagon terrazzo pieces and peacock green stacked tile were selected to complement the color palette and spirit of the San Antonio Spurs, and warm lighting was incorporated throughout the club to capture the essence of exclusivity while also maintaining a feeling of accessibility. “We are honored for Frost Bank Center to be the first venue delivering the Aura experience to guests,” said Joe Loomis, SVP Finance, Technology and Culinary Operations at Spurs Sports & Entertainment. “Aramark’s expertise in delivering the best in culinary and hospitality experiences shines through the Agave Club. We look forward to having guests visit this renovated spot and get a taste of the premium experience.”
Images and renderings are available here.
About Aramark Sports + Entertainment
Aramark Sports + Entertainment serves more than 150 award-winning food and beverage, retail, and facility service programs in premier stadiums, arenas, convention centers, cultural attractions, performance venues, and unique entertainment destinations across North America. The company has received accolades for industry innovations including autonomous markets, dining concepts powered by artificial intelligence, and high-profile events like NBA All-Star and MLB at Field of Dreams. In 2021, Aramark entered into a strategic collaboration with the Philadelphia-based STARR Restaurants, led by entrepreneur and James Beard Award-winning restaurateur Stephen Starr, which will bring the renowned culinary visionary’s highly sought-after concepts to clients throughout Aramark Sports + Entertainment’s portfolio. Aramark has been recognized on FORTUNE’s list of “World’s Most Admired Companies,” DiversityInc’s “Top 50 Companies for Diversity” and “Top Companies for Employee Resource Groups,” Newsweek’s list of “America’s Most Responsible Companies 2023,” the HRC’s “Best Places to Work for LGBTQ Equality,” and scored 100% on the Disability Equality Index. Learn more at www.aramark.com and connect with us on Facebook, LinkedIn, and X (formerly known as Twitter).
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) proudly serves the world’s leading educational institutions, Fortune 500 companies, world champion sports teams, prominent healthcare providers, iconic destinations and cultural attractions, and numerous municipalities in 18 countries around the world with food and facilities management. Because of our hospitality culture, our employees strive to do great things for each other, our partners, our communities, and the planet. Aramark has been recognized on FORTUNE’s list of “World’s Most Admired Companies,” DiversityInc’s “Top 50 Companies for Diversity” and “Top Companies for Supplier Diversity,” Newsweek’s list of “America’s Most Responsible Companies 2023,” the HRC’s “Best Places to Work for LGBTQ Equality,” and scored 100% on the Disability Equality Index. Learn more at www.aramark.com and connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, X (formerly known as Twitter), and Instagram.