SPRINGFIELD, Mo. , Feb. 19, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Our thoughts and prayers go out to those affected by the winter weather that is causing power outages and damages across the country.
If you are an American National policyholder:
There are several ways to report a claim (to ensure efficient claims service, check that your login credentials are up to date):
- Mobile: Use the AN Mobile app, available for free at the Apple App store or Google Play. An account is required.
- Online: Go to AmericanNational.com and login to your account. To create an account, go to AmericanNational.com > Customer Login > Personal Insurance – Log In > Register.
- Phone: Call the 24-hour claims hotline at 1.800.333.2860.
- Email: Claims@AmericanNational.com
Filing a Claim:
- Contact your insurer as soon as possible. Have your policy number ready.
- Once it is safe photograph or video the damage to share with your insurer and keep a copy for your records.
- Save receipts for any materials you purchase to assist with repairs. You may submit them to your insurer for reimbursement.
- Do not throw away any damaged items until an adjuster visits your home. Keep in mind that due to COVID-19 and social distancing, you may ask for self-inspection options for internal damage
- Many standard homeowners and renters policies provide reimbursement of additional living expenses when property is determined to be uninhabitable due to damage. This provision helps pay for things like temporary housing, restaurant meals, overnight parking and laundry service. Check with your insurer or agent for a list of what your policy will cover.
About American National
American National is a family of companies. American National Insurance Company, founded in 1905 and headquartered in Galveston, Texas, and other American National subsidiaries offer a broad portfolio of products and services, which include life insurance, annuities, property and casualty insurance, health insurance, credit insurance, and pension products. The American National companies operate in all 50 states.
American National established a dedicated property and casualty division in 1973 with American National Property And Casualty Company, Springfield, MO. This company serves 38 states not including NY. To better serve the unique insurance needs of the agricultural market, American National acquired the Farm Family group of insurance companies based in NY in 2001. For corporate and investor relations information, please visit American National’s website at www.AmericanNational.com.
CONTACT: Jeff Mills, Executive Vice President–Chief Claims Officer
417.887.4990, Ext. 2199