Atlanta, Georgia, November 2, 2020 | Written by Theodore A. Spaulding, Esq.
Spaulding Injury Law, a personal injury law firm here in Atlanta, is partnering with the Georgia Department of Transportation on their “See & Be Seen” campaign.Why This Campaign Is Important
Their goal is to provide pedestrian and driver safety tips to avoid potential fatal pedestrian/car accidents. While this campaign runs year-round, Spaulding Injury Law hopes to bring extra awareness to pedestrian safety measures on Halloween night.
As pedestrian fatalities have been on the rise, the personal injury law firm wants to make sure everyone enjoys Halloween safely and avoids the potential for a car accident. They’re urging parents to talk frankly with their children about the dangers of walking at night.6 Key Safety Precautions For Pedestrians:
- Ensuring the child’s costume is a good fit and doesn’t drag on the ground, causing a tripping hazard.
- Have all members of your group carry a flashlight or glow stick for better visibility.
- Instruct all children to carry an ID card with their name, address, emergency contact, and allergy information on it (this can be homemade).
- Mapping out the trick or treating route ahead of time determines the best places to cross streets safely.
- Stay on the sidewalks whenever possible. If you have to walk in the road, walk facing traffic.
- Focus on having fun, be aware of your surroundings and put down your phone. Distractions can be dangerous for pedestrians, especially when approaching intersections or crossing the street.
The most popular hours for trick or treating are from 5:30 – 9:30 PM. Given that 82% of pedestrian fatalities occur in the evening, Spaulding Injury Law believes education around safe nighttime walking is essential.
To learn more, please visit https://www.spauldinginjurylaw.com/spaulding-see-be-seen.About Spaulding Injury Law:
The Atlanta personal injury attorneys of Spaulding Injury Law are here to guide clients by filing an injury claim and recovering compensation for injuries caused by others’ negligence. They have more than 25 years of combined legal experience. They have worked tirelessly to help clients recover millions of dollars in compensation for medical expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering. They have been recognized for their work and success and named one of the Top 100 Trial Lawyers as well as Expertise.com’s list of Best Personal Injury Attorneys in Atlanta 2020.About The Georgia Department of Transportation “See & Be Seen” Campaign:
Georgia DOT’s See & Be Seen campaign aims to make it safer to walk in Georgia. See & Be Seen is the pedestrian component of Georgia DOT’s Drive Alert Arrive Alive campaign. This aims to reduce crashes and fatalities on Georgia’s roadways.
Theodore A. Spaulding, Esq.
Spaulding Injury Law
50 Hurt Plaza SE #1536, Atlanta GA, 30303
Phone: (770) 744-0890
About Spaulding Injury Law
When you need straightforward legal advice from an experienced Georgia personal injury lawyer, turn to the trusted team at Spaulding Injury Law.
Contact Spaulding Injury Law
50 Hurt Plaza SE #1536