DALLAS, October 23, 2020 /3BL Media/ – EarthX TV today announced a new series, Law & Nature, that promises lively discussions by environmental thought leaders on issues of critical importance to environmental protection. Law & Nature was developed by a blue ribbon advisory council of environmental law practitioner.
“EarthX TV’s Law and Nature is an important platform for environmental thought leaders to debate and discuss vitally important environmental legal issues,” said advisory council member Jean M. Flores, founding partner of Guida, Slavich & Flores, P.C. “In the first episode, we tackle de-politicizing environmentalism in response to this election cycle. New episodes will discuss big ideas for a better planet, provide a post-election analysis of the future of environmental law, consider corporate sustainability and ethics, celebrate the 50th birthday of EPA, explore US Supreme Court decisions dealing with environmental law, and examine the nexus between the law and hot button issues like climate change, fracking, international relations, and the circular economy.”
The first episode, “Election 2020 & The Future of Environmental Law,” scheduled for October 27 at 12:30pm and 6:00pm CT, will be introduced by advisory council chair Jeff Civins, and is an insightful pre-election dive into what the election will mean for the future of environmental law. Panelists include: moderator John Cruden, Principal, Beveridge and Diamond, former Assistant Attorney General of the United States, Environmental and Natural Resources Division; Scott Fulton, President, Environmental Law Institute and former EPA General Counsel; and Seth Jaffe, Partner, Foley Hoag LLP, and author of the environmental blog, lawandenvironment.com. Viewers can participate by submitting questions at EarthxLeague, earthxleague.earthx.org.
Law & Nature Blue Ribbon Advisory Council
● Jeff Civins, Senior Counsel, Haynes and Boone, LLP, and Adjunct Professor at University of Texas (Austin)
● Pamela M. Giblin, Senior Policy Advisor, Climate Leadership Council (Austin)
● Jean M. Flores, Founding Partner, Guida, Slavich & Flores, P.C. (Dallas)
● Tracy D. Hester, Professor, University of Houston Law Center (Houston)
● Seth D. Jaffe, Partner, Foley Hoag LLP (Houston)
● Melinda E. Taylor, Professor, Senior Lecturer and Executive Director, University of Texas at Austin School of Law (Austin)
● James Bruen, Of Counsel, Farella Braun + Martell LLP, (San Francisco)
● Charles A. De Monaco, Partner, Fox Rothschild LLP (Pittsburgh)
● Daniel C. Etsy, Hillhouse Professor of Environmental Law and Policy, Yale University Law School (New Haven)
● Brent Fewell, Founder, Earth & Water Law, LLC (Washington, D.C.)
● Scott Fulton, President, Environmental Law Institute (Washington, D.C.)
● Avi S. Garbow, Environmental Advocate, Patagonia, Inc. (Washington, D.C.)
● Allan Gates, Member, Mitchell, Williams, Selig, Gates & Woodyard, PLLC (Little Rock)
EarthX convenes the world’s largest environmental expo, conference and film festival, and is a member of IUCN, International Union for Conservation of Nature. EarthxTV, which launched in September 2020, is a web-based platform for balanced, inclusive environmental conversations, programs, emerging media and films. Founded in 2011 by environmentalist and businessman Trammell S. Crow, the Texas-based 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization promotes environmental awareness and impact through conscious business, nonpartisan collaboration and community-driven sustainable solutions. Earthx2020 was held virtually in April and drew over 550,000 visitors worldwide. Visit www.EarthX.org or follow us @earthxorg on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook.
KEYWORDS: EarthX, Law and Nature, environmental protection, Environmental Stewardship