Photo from Couto
Originally Posted On: https://coutohomes.com/discover-your-dream-home-move-from-pinterest-to-reality/
Are you tired of scrolling through Pinterest, dreaming of the perfect home but feeling overwhelmed by the thought of turning those dreams into reality? If you remember our last blog, we detailed the beauty of the Couto Homes process and the Couto Experience and introduced you to our all-knowing Information Specialist. In this blog, we will guide you through the process of discovering your dream home and turning it into a reality. From asking the right questions to partnering with the right custom home specialists, we have you covered. So sit back, relax, and let’s turn those Pinterest pins into a tangible dream home.
Know Thyself — Asking the Right Home Design Questions
When it comes to designing your dream home, it’s important to ask yourself the right questions to figure out how you intend on using your new home before you even get to the floor plans.
Family Needs — Current and Future
Depending on your life stage, your family may expand or leave the nest in the next decade. Some of our homeowners are families who are young and growing, others are about to embark on the empty nest stage of their life, and yet others are considering extra space for grandparents or frequent guests. Determining your current needs as well as considering your future lifestyle may have an impact on both the size and flow of your home.
Square Footage Utilized Properly
Just as each homeowner is one of a kind, so should the house that serves them. Think very carefully about how you can utilize each square foot to your maximum enjoyment. Consider these questions before meeting with your custom home builder:
- Do you see yourself entertaining more, possibly requiring two islands in your kitchen?
- Do you have small children or messy pets? If so, consider picking colors for your cabinets and flooring to minimize splashes and spills.
- Do you want to entertain both in and outdoors? You may want to consider the flow of your floor plan from the kitchen to outdoor dining spaces.
Bedrooms and Bathrooms:
- How many bedrooms and bathrooms do you require to accommodate your family comfortably?
- Do you want your children to share bathrooms or have separate facilities?
- Do you require an extra nook in your master bedroom for lounging or for a nursery area?
- Do you desire a full room dedicated to your specialty clothing, seasonal clothing or shoe/handbag collections?
- Does your family need separate spaces for children and their guests to play and be loud apart from the rest of the household?
- Do you want a media room, craft room, or dedicated home gym?
- Do you need a separate space for frequent guests?
Home Offices and Homework Spaces:
- Do you and your spouse need separate work areas conducive for remote work?
- Does your family also need a dedicated study space for homework or home school?
- How important is outdoor living to you and your family?
- Do you want an extended patio space? Or maybe an outdoor fireplace?
Guest Suites or In-Home Care:
- Do you see the need for a guest suite for aging parents or relatives?
- Do you possibly need a suite for an in-house employee?
Creating a Mood Board
Once you have a general idea of your family’s needs, it’s time to start creating a mood board. We personally love Pinterest for this reason! A mood board is a collection of images, colors, textures, and products that represent the overall aesthetic and feel of your dream home. This is a great way to visually communicate your vision to your custom home builder and help them understand your style and preferences.
How the Couto Home Specialist Will Help Bring It All Together
When you partner with Couto Homes, you will sit down with our experienced Home Specialist after meeting our Information Specialist. During this initial meeting, your Home Specialist will listen to your vision for your dream home. They will ask questions about your lifestyle, budget, and any specific needs or wants you may have. The Home Specialist will take all of this information into consideration and work with you to make the necessary modifications to your favorite floor plan.
This discovery phase is a critical part of the process, and one we don’t take lightly. Our Home Specialist will take the time to dig into all of the details, and provide feedback on how best to bring your dreams to life.
During this phase, we will collaborate with you to ensure that no details are left to chance. We will discuss any potential challenges associated with any choices, as well as any opportunities for improvement. Our goal is to create a plan that meets both your expectations and budget requirements while still delivering the highest-quality product. Sometimes during these meetings, you’ll realize what you thought was your favorite floor plan doesn’t meet your needs as well as another floor plan.
One of the advantages of working with Couto Homes is that we have an in-house team of experienced architects and designers who can help you create a floor plan that is tailored to your specific needs and wants. Whatever you’re looking for, our team can help you make it happen. We’ll work with you to design a floor plan that is functional, efficient, and breathtaking.
The process of discovering your dream home and turning it into a reality may seem daunting, but with the right steps and guidance, it can be an exciting and fulfilling journey. That’s why we take the time to fully understand your needs and wants before moving forward. The discovery phase with our Home Specialist is an essential step in the process, and we’re committed to making sure that every homeowner is satisfied with the end result. By working with Couto Homes and our experienced Home Specialists, you can move from Pinterest to reality and create the home of your dreams.